Saturday, July 25, 2009

I THOUGHT something looked funny....



As I said earlier, I finally started the second purple sock. I was knitting along, thinking "This doesn't look quite like the other sock... maybe I need to do a few more rows..." After a "few more rows" I looked again and it still looked funny. THEN I read the rest of the pattern.

This is the chart:


Note the number sequence, but I was knitting from the top of the chart DOWN. oops.

Lesson One: Always read the pattern!

Lesson Two: Always reread the pattern - especially if it's been three months since you made the first sock.

Lesson Three: If something looks funny, it probably is... or isn't. I guess it all depends on which way you look at it. oh. well.

Lesson Four: Ripping isn't really very fun. Picking up the stitches isn't either!

Happy Saturday!! :)

PS~ This pattern is my first with reading a chart. ...but that still doesn't make the ripping any easier.

2 comments:

  1. Frogging is part of knitting, unfortunately! Depending on how much I need to take out, I usually "un-knit" rather than rip out though. It takes a little longer but then I don't have to pick up stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, frogging is a part of the process. Oh, well. I generally unknit too, but I had to take out about an inch or so, and it was quicker to rip it out - I'm knitting with size 1 needles. :)

    (and it also shows that my "knitting journey" hasn't always been uphill.) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!