The tag line to this book says "There is no such thing as a perfect family." So very true. We live in a broken fallen world, so many families are broken in one way or another. This book chronicles the family life of Elisa Morgan, former CEO of MOPS International for several years. In each chapter, Elisa shares a bit more of her story and how she tried to fix the brokenness in her family, but how God has taken that brokenness and made something beautiful from it.
I don't know even where to start telling you about all the things I have marked to remember in this book. One of the things that stood out to me the most is that Elisa is an adoptive parent. One thing she said really hit home to me: "I heard God's gentle prodding, Elisa by the time you receive your child, he or she will already have experienced the greatest wound of his or her life." This may be hard for some to understand if they don't understand adoption. Adoption comes out of brokenness.
But what I love the most is the hope she gives for brokenness and broken families: "God loves you and your family, and He will re-form you and your family through brokenness." She points out how God will use the broken - how so much in Scripture was broken to be used: Gideon's pitchers, a broken roof for healing the cripple lowered by his friends, broken loaves to feed 5,000, and a broken body pierced for our sins. I'm so glad that the broken can be redeemed and used!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you to BookSneeze for the review copy. My opinions are my own.

0 Friendly Greetings:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!