
Happy 2009!!
Wow. I remember thinking that 2008 was a long ways off. Now it's already over. Well, time marches on. :)
I don't really do "resolutions" on New Years, but I do like to think of some goals for the coming year. Two of my main goals last year were to knit a pair of socks and to read the New Testament in 90 days. I accomplished both. In fact, I liked sock knitting so much, I'm working on my sixth pair! :) And one of my projects for the coming year is a pair from this yarn. So pretty!
Enough about 2008. So what are my goals for this year? I want to get my house better organized and get rid of things I really don't need (that don't have significance.) :) I am reading the book, "The House that Cleans Itself" by Mindy Starns Clark. While I won't obligate myself to follow the exact system, the book has some very helpful tips that I will be putting into practice. I also plan to do more work in our family room. There are a few small projects I can finish with little cost. I love making our house more into a homey, inviting place where Mark and I can relax, and those that visit us will be able to sense God's presence and peace.
One specific, achievable goal for the house is to paint our guest bedroom. Stark white walls aren't exactly relaxing... I'm thinking of a light sagey green. This picture shows a little of what the room looks like.
I guess that's it for the more specific goals. I also want to be more organized, to be a better wife, to be someone's mommy, and to grow closer to God in the coming year. I also want to be a blessing to others, those I meet face to face and also those of you who read my blog. Many of you I have never met, but I hope what I say here is an encouragement to you and I trust someday we will meet in Heaven.
I know there has been a lot of speculation around what 2009 holds. No matter what comes, I know the One who has it all under control and I am learning to trust in Him. He has it all under control and nothing is a surprise to God!
Blessings to you in 2009!

PS~ Isn't the picture at the top lovely? I love the work this artist does. Her name is Marjolein Bastin, and I have her calendar in my kitchen this year. I am looking forward to enjoying her pictures each month. :)
I don't really do "resolutions" on New Years, but I do like to think of some goals for the coming year. Two of my main goals last year were to knit a pair of socks and to read the New Testament in 90 days. I accomplished both. In fact, I liked sock knitting so much, I'm working on my sixth pair! :) And one of my projects for the coming year is a pair from this yarn. So pretty!
Enough about 2008. So what are my goals for this year? I want to get my house better organized and get rid of things I really don't need (that don't have significance.) :) I am reading the book, "The House that Cleans Itself" by Mindy Starns Clark. While I won't obligate myself to follow the exact system, the book has some very helpful tips that I will be putting into practice. I also plan to do more work in our family room. There are a few small projects I can finish with little cost. I love making our house more into a homey, inviting place where Mark and I can relax, and those that visit us will be able to sense God's presence and peace.
One specific, achievable goal for the house is to paint our guest bedroom. Stark white walls aren't exactly relaxing... I'm thinking of a light sagey green. This picture shows a little of what the room looks like.
I guess that's it for the more specific goals. I also want to be more organized, to be a better wife, to be someone's mommy, and to grow closer to God in the coming year. I also want to be a blessing to others, those I meet face to face and also those of you who read my blog. Many of you I have never met, but I hope what I say here is an encouragement to you and I trust someday we will meet in Heaven.
I know there has been a lot of speculation around what 2009 holds. No matter what comes, I know the One who has it all under control and I am learning to trust in Him. He has it all under control and nothing is a surprise to God!
Blessings to you in 2009!

PS~ Isn't the picture at the top lovely? I love the work this artist does. Her name is Marjolein Bastin, and I have her calendar in my kitchen this year. I am looking forward to enjoying her pictures each month. :)
Happy New Year Chari!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat book looks really interesting! I'll have to check it out.
ReplyDelete