
It came upon the midnight clear,
That glorious song of old,
From angels bending near the earth,
To touch their harps of gold:
"Peace on the earth, goodwill to men
From heavens all gracious King!"
The world in solemn stillness lay
To hear the angels sing.
O ye beneath life's crushing load,
Whose forms are bending low,
Who toil along the climbing way
With painful steps and slow;
Look now, for glad and golden hours
Come swiftly on the wing;
Oh rest beside the weary road
And hear the angels sing.
For lo! the days are hastening on,
By prophets seen of old,
When with the ever-circling years
Shall come the time foretold,
When the new heaven and earth shall own
The Prince of Peace, their King,
And the whole world send back the song
Which now the angels sing.
From It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
By Edmund Hamilton Sears
Christmas isn't really over until Epiphany, right? Every year it is so hard for me to let the Christmas season be over. This past Christmas season was different, I just want a little more time to celebrate. Maybe I've been paying special attention to the songs, but the carols seem to have such wonderful meanings this year. I love the last two verses of this song, and I included them here. These verses give us hope for today with all our cares and worries and a wonderful future when Jesus will once again come to earth. ( The picture above is of our manger scene.)
I am looking at this new year with hope and anticipation for what God is going to do. Each year is like a fresh page, all new. It's exciting to see what God will write in this new chapter.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!
Blessings!
0 Friendly Greetings:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!