A cake I made, just the right size for two! It is for some friends anniversary, not sure how many years probably 36 or so. It is similar to this cake. Kudos to mom for helping me figure out what to put on the top, yummy chocolate curls! :)
And chocolate dipped strawberries to go along with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You may have been expecting this, right? I did finish it! Now if I can just get Mom to use it! :)I am now making myself one. I hardly ever make myself dishcloths and I am needing them!
This pattern is much more simple than you would think. (If I would have known how much more, I would have made them a long time ago!) The trick is in the short rows. For a short row, you don't knit all the way across, but knit as far as the pattern tells you and turn it without finishing the whole row.
In this picture there are four stitches on the left needle, and I turn it to go back leaving these stitches unknit for now. This is adding stitches at one end and giving it the round shape.
So what have you been working on? :) We would love for you to share! Guidelines are here.
My goodness, but you're talented with cake decorating! Those cakes are lovely! What a nice gift.
ReplyDeleteThe dishcloth looks like fun to knit. My problem is that I don't like washing dishes with hand-knitted dishcloths. There are a lot of cute patterns out there to make into dishcloths but I don't want to waste the money on the yarn.
I agree with Tammy, you are *very* talented at cake making, your joined heart cake is gorgeous. And the chocolate curls were *just* the right touch! (o:
ReplyDeleteCake looks so yummy! You make me want to go fix a cake and eat it all myself. Love the round dishcloth too. I should try a new pattern sometime, the other one can get boring. I have a finished object today.
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks scrumptious! And so pretty, too!
ReplyDeleteThe cake is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to try the dishcloth pattern. I've not had good luck in the past with short row dishcloths. One turned out huge (11 inches across!) and the other was lopsided. I still use 'em but they aren't pretty!
Thanks for all the compliments! I do enjoy cake decorating as my wrist allows. (just a touch of carpal tunnel.) I did get payed a little for them, though most cakes are as gifts. :) Oh, and this one has a strawberry filling! YUM!
ReplyDeleteI don't wash dishes much with my dishcloths either, I usually wipe table and counters with them. I use sponges and my tribblefor dishes. :) The blue dishcloth was a little lopsided, Gina, I'm hoping the next one will turn out more even.
Wow! Your cake is absolutely beautiful! Also, Thanks for the link on girl's hairdos.
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Linda
What a be-yoo-tiful cake!
ReplyDeleteNice dishcloths, too!
Just loved your petal dishcloth. I've already made one, and it animated me to try another pattern too. Now I'm making another petal dishcloth for my new daughter-in-law. I can't do the finished object thing because I don't have a blog. I do love reading yours, though.
ReplyDelete