Saturday, January 10, 2009

WIP and other news.

Work In Progress. After knitting scores of Granny's Favorite dishcloths, I was getting a little tired of them. (Great pattern, by the way... just ready for something new.) :)



So now I am trying this pattern out. I am really enjoying it! It will look something like this one when done... (Link to picture and pattern.) This one's for my mom... "HI, Mom!" Don't worry, it's not a surprise for her, she saw it today. Three of my last several knitted gifts have been given "with strings attached." Two were given on the needles and one gift hadn't even been started yet. I just gave a skein of yarn which I promptly took back! :) Oh, well. Better late than never.

Here is a picture of the room I dared to show in one of it's worse moments. (One of the worst, because it got even worse before it got better!) :) It was one of my projects this week. After a little work, it is looking much improved. See?

This is our guest bedroom. There are still several things I want to do to it, like paint and curtains, (AHHH! CURTAINS! Not again!) but isn't it cozy anyway? :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. While I'm thinking about it, here is an update on saving handmade. Today I am hoping to get Christmas decorations down. Maybe next week I'll get some pictures up of my winter decor! :) Yes, I know it's about time we took things down. I'm finally ready for it to be gone until next Christmas season! :)

Blessings!

5 comments:

  1. Your guest room looks awesome! I haven't been able to actually decorate any of the rooms in our house yet, and I can't wait . . . but I also don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like a challenging dishcloth. I might try it myself. I also did several of the other dishcloths, but, I was wondering, have you noticed on yours that the holes on the 'decreasing' side tend to be larger than the holes in the 'increasing' side? Mine do and the square tends to turn out a little odd shaped... any idea how I can fix this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be so pretty! I'm working on two things right now. Crocheting a baby afghan and trying a new knitting technique called Magic Loop knitting. I'm doing socks on it. I think I'm going to like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. M. - Thanks! I enjoy decorating... want some help? :)

    Amanda, This dishcloth isn't as hard as it looks. I'm still thinking about your question. I'll have a look at the one I just finished

    Sharon, I've seen videos for Magic Loop, but have never really tried it for a project. Sounds like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your guest looks so cute and cozy! Love the old suitcase :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!