This is a pretty utilitarian FOF for me. I have finished a couple of projects that will help me around the house. Housework is less of a chore with fun handmade items to help it along! First from the fabric you caught a peek of in my last post:
It is a cherry-picking bag... cherry tomatoes that is! ...and peppers, and cucumbers... :) I wanted a bag to hold the fruit as I picked it, and also to hold the home phone and a set of keys. (I don't want to be accidently locked outside.) The pocket in the front is just right for the little keychain, and it also happens to be the rights size for my cell phone. The bag also works great for a quick trip to the library! I have a feeling it will be used for many things. :)
I finally finished the cover for my swiffer mop. I used the pattern from this book from our local public library.
I'm not sure how well it works yet. I just finished it last night. I started it mid-May. It probably could have gone a little faster, but I didn't knit very steadily on it.
Now it's your turn! I sure have enjoyed looking at and reading about other projects! If you are new to FOF, start here. Happy Friday!
What a groovy addition!
ReplyDeletewill you be selling any of those swiffer covers in your Etsy shop? hint hint hint... I SOOOO need one of those, and I'm not very knitting savy. OK, let me rephrase that, I couldn't knit a single stitch if I had to. The bag is a great idea, too. Every time I go outside, I have to juggle the home phone, a cell phone, keys, some sunscreen for the little guys, the list goes on... You're just TOO smart :)
ReplyDeleteThe bag is a great idea and the fabric is very cute. I have fabric to make myself a bag but I seem to have lost the time to do it. HA!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Let us know how the swiffer cover works!
ReplyDelete