Molasses Crinkles (or Ginger Snaps)
Mix thoroughly:
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
Sift together:
2 1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
Stir the dry ingredients into wet mixture. Chill dough. Roll into walnut sized balls and dip the tops in sugar. Place sugar side up 3 inches apart on greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes on 350 degrees. (I didn't grease my stainless steel pan and they came off just fine.)
Enjoy!! I do have my fall decorations up. I am enjoying them! :) I did things a little different from last year, but most is similar - I'll do a little tour later. I do need to get some "twinkle" lights for my mantle. I enjoy all seasons as they come. I enjoy the coziness of fall time, Thanksgiving, and looking forward to Christmas! :)
Now you've got me all hungry for some home made cookies! Those look good!
ReplyDeleteThe cookies were delicious! Thanks for sharing them with us tonight...they were a hit!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom
Thanks for the recipe. They look wonderful.
ReplyDelete