The following finished object will be going to the intended recipient tomorrow. She doesn't frequent my blog, so I should be safe. However, just in case....
Don't look, Regina!
Ok, back to the regular programming. I finally have a knitting project that I can share! :)
It's a bonnet for my newest "adopted" niece. (at least we are planning on a niece!) It was my first real try at lace knitting and I really enjoyed it! I also loved the pattern and the way it was made. (For you knitters, it's made using the short row technique - like making the heel of a sock. I loved it! No seaming!) I hope you can kind of see the pattern of the stitches. It is the Little Shell Baby Bonnet. It was a fun and quick knit. The ties aren't finished in this picture, but I finished them off with a single crochet chain. It was a lot faster this way than in I-cord! For you Ravelers out there, here is the link to the project page.
Baby is due November 4, and we are all anxiously awaiting her arrival! :) Gracey is getting excited, but Faithie doesn't have a clue yet... she will, though! :)
So what have you been up to in the craft world? :) Join in and let us see your projects! Guidelines here.

What a cute bonnet! It's a beautiful shade of purple.
ReplyDeleteThe bonnet is beautiful. I know she will love it. Come visit me at my blog for a great give away.
ReplyDeleteVery cute bonnet! I've enjoyed checking out your blog from time to time, I found it through Shari's. I love creative things, it's just hard to find the time to get it all done!
ReplyDeleteThat little bonnet is so cute! You did a good job with the lace knitting. Your new niece is very blessed to have an aunt to make her such pretty things.
ReplyDeleteThat is so precious! What a sweet little bonnet.
ReplyDeleteOne of these days I'll join your FOF's... I usually have something going, but often have a hard time finishing. Thanks for the inspiration!
The bonnet is adorable! what a sweet gift!
ReplyDelete