Friday, September 19, 2008

Visit from Ike!

Ike was not a very nice guy! This is what he left in his wake at my house:

So much for electricity... and phone... and internet!


Eating supper by (oil) lamp light on Saturday night.

We got tired of being in the dark really fast. Thankfully my parents got their electricity back on Monday. We just got ours back Wednesday and the internet back yesterday. So now I'm back home and things are returning to normal. Oh, and that other pine tree you see in the top picture is GONE! Prevention is the best cure! :)

Coming soon... my fall decor - that I took pictures of almost two weeks ago! :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord he spared the house with that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our power was out from Sunday at 2 p.m. until midnight Thursday. My parents got their power back on Monday (and they were out of town) so we sorta moved in. I just got back from the store. What a madhouse! All dairy products are in short supply.

    The news said hurricane force winds in Cincinnati is a once in a lifetime experience. Other than one loose shingle and a lot of downed limbs we came out unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you all are okay from that storm! I'm behind here, but trying to catch up. :)

    Thank you for your prayers for Carissa! She's recovering nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! What a mess! :(
    My parents and sister lost their electric too...even though we are all the way up in PA....once the wind got up here...it still wasn't very nice.

    Eating by the oil lamp though looks so peaceful and lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!