Winter is for hats!!
This gentleman goes to our church. He is much loved by everyone!
I made this hat for him for his birthday. I think he is enjoying it! :)

The yarn is Lion Brand Homespun. Remind me never to make a hat with this. It is so hard to knit with, it keeps dividing. (and I have a ton of it in my stash!) It is very soft, though! Here's the pattern for you knitters. I cast on 80 stitches.
This last one is my favorite project. I don't think I've shown a really good picture here. It is this bonnet pattern. It is my first lace project and I love the construction of the bonnet. (Knitting terms: the shape is made by short rows - no seaming. YAY!) I used Caron Simply Soft from my stash. (I'm trying to use the stash before I buy more yarn. ..."trying" is the key word!)
Miss Hope modeled it for us Sunday night at church.

Isn't she beautiful!?

I haven't done much crafting this week. I've cut out part of one project, but have yet to get to the sewing machine! A couple of these hats you have seen, but I haven't done a FOF post on them. The other hat, I don't think I've mentioned at all. So on to the hats!
This hat you've seen here. What you don't know is that I've finished and given away three of these, counting this one. It speaks very well for a pattern if I make repeats. Usually I like to conquer something and move on to something else. (link to pattern here.)
I love these hats! :) Incidently, this hat is my first cabling project. I love cables too! :) Here is the first hat I made from the pattern. The yarn is Bernat's Cotton Tots - one of my favorite yarns!
This hat you've seen here. What you don't know is that I've finished and given away three of these, counting this one. It speaks very well for a pattern if I make repeats. Usually I like to conquer something and move on to something else. (link to pattern here.)
I love these hats! :) Incidently, this hat is my first cabling project. I love cables too! :) Here is the first hat I made from the pattern. The yarn is Bernat's Cotton Tots - one of my favorite yarns!
This gentleman goes to our church. He is much loved by everyone!
I made this hat for him for his birthday. I think he is enjoying it! :)
The yarn is Lion Brand Homespun. Remind me never to make a hat with this. It is so hard to knit with, it keeps dividing. (and I have a ton of it in my stash!) It is very soft, though! Here's the pattern for you knitters. I cast on 80 stitches.
This last one is my favorite project. I don't think I've shown a really good picture here. It is this bonnet pattern. It is my first lace project and I love the construction of the bonnet. (Knitting terms: the shape is made by short rows - no seaming. YAY!) I used Caron Simply Soft from my stash. (I'm trying to use the stash before I buy more yarn. ..."trying" is the key word!)
Miss Hope modeled it for us Sunday night at church.
Isn't she beautiful!?
I hope you've enjoyed seeing the hats for winter! Have you been working on any warm winter projects, or maybe something for Christmas! We would love for you to share! Please remember to follow the guidelines, though. :)
Mr. Linky seems to be on the blink again! So just mention in your comment that you have a FOF to share so we will be sure to check out your blog. If I have time, I may add your links to the bottom of this post! :)
Mr. Linky seems to be on the blink again! So just mention in your comment that you have a FOF to share so we will be sure to check out your blog. If I have time, I may add your links to the bottom of this post! :)
Those hats are great! I recently made one of the bonnets, following the link to the pattern you provided. It was a fun knit!
ReplyDelete