Friday, September 5, 2008

Finished Object Friday



When the frost is on the punkin and the fodder's in the shock,
And you hear the kyouck and gobble of the struttin' turkey-cock,
And the clackin' of the guineys, and the cluckin' of the hens,
And the rooster's hallylooyer as he tiptoes on the fence;
O, it's then's the times a feller is a-feelin' at his best,
With the risin' sun to greet him from a night of peaceful rest,
As he leaves the house, bareheaded, and goes out to feed the stock,
When the frost is on the punkin and the fodder's in the shock.
When the Frost is on the Punkin
*Stanza one*
by James Whitcomb Riley



Ok, so the frost isn't exactly on the pumpkin, but it is September and a cool morning in Texas! It was 65 degrees when I was up this morning. It feels so good. Fall is on it's way! :)

I've been having a blast making pumpkins. The one above I finished Tuesday. Here are the others in a stage of completion:


I have discovered that knitting fruit is very addicting! :) I made the first pumpkin Tuesday, as I said, and by Wednesday night had finished the "pumpkin" part of two more - stems and leaves still to come- I have one stem knit. It is a very easy pattern, probably a good one to start on if you are just learning double pointed needles. The pattern is four knit stitches and one purl. Here is a link to the pattern. I would love to see more pumpkins! :) (You can even add a face!) :)

Well, folks this has been a busy week and next week will be even busier! (In other words, expect fewer posts next week, but look for FOF and Sunday Blessing.) :) Due to varying circumstances, I will be going into work four (partial) days - some longer, some shorter. The main reason I didn't posted my FOF on time, is that I hadn't taken pictures! However, after the return of the sun to this side of the world and after my morning cup of coffee, I have them posted! :)

Thanks for joining in! For guidelines please click here. To view other "inspiring" :) FOF posts click here!

4 comments:

  1. Makes me long for pumpkin pie, with a dollop of whipped cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are too cute....I love them!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pumpkins. I should try my had at making some. Payton would like to play with them, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for stopping by! Yumm... pumpkin pie!! :)

    Melissa, these are such fun to make! Let me know if you have any questions. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!